Community Service Program
Second Chances Community Service Program (SCCSP) guides students, youth, families, schools, communities and partners to develop, plan, carry out, and evaluate projects that improve the quality of life in their communities.
SCCSP helps youth build skills for family, career, and community roles; provides youth-centered learning experiences and encourages youth to develop the positive character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Through SCCSP youth become an active part of the diverse Los Angeles community.
Second Chances Community Service Program is a two-tiered effort that involves organizing a variety of community events every year including:
- Twelve (12) Community days per year (including beautification)
- FFSC’s Annual Community Health Fair
- FFSC’s Annual Kids Day Event
- Gift of Giving Christmas Event
- Partnering with other community organizations to provide help with their community service projects
The second tier of the FFSC community service program involves working with our After School and Mentoring program youth to identify a community ill and/or issue and empowering these youth to take on that issue through a day-long community service project that helps resolve the problem.
Volunteer Sign Up Form